Friday 17 November 2017

I always go back to black










Top- ASOS// Jeans- 7 for all Mankind// Shoes- The Label Life// Shades- ASOS

(Photo Credits- Ritika Sharma)


Hi Everyone! 

It feels so strange writing a blog post since I haven't done one in over six months but I finally got the time and motivation to do this one. With all the travelling and moving to a new city to start grad school, I just couldn't find spare time to work on the blog. Actually that's a lie, I didn't make time to work on it. If anything, I've actually been more demotivated to do it for a number of reasons. Sometimes seeing other influencer's following increasing drastically (mostly cause they buy fake followers) when yours isn't can make you wonder if anyone actually cares about your blog or not. It's been annoying when certain brands tend to only look at the number rather than the actual content the person is putting out and I felt like it just wasn't worth it for a while. It was also the fact that I watched a video by Chloe Morello (click here to watch) calling out all the influencers that don't have a genuine following and it got me thinking about whether I even enjoy doing this anymore. 

It was until recently, when I was talking to my family and a few other friends/people and they asked me, "Why haven't you put up a blog post in a while?" Only to get me thinking that I honestly shouldn't care about the brands that don't want to work with me for me and only care about a number or about what other people are doing with their blogs. My blog is my creative outlet for me and only me and I should do keep doing it for the very reason I started it which is that I love sharing my experiences about fashion, beauty and travel for whoever and how many ever people decide to read it.

On to a happier note, I am now living in New York City and loving life here. It's definitely no London but it's still amazing and I'm really starting to feel like I could just keep on living here. That's if I get a job. I love the fall vibes you get from my first post here. I tried to keep it as me as possible which obviously had to be an all black outfit. Cropped hoodies and jeans have pretty much been my go-to outfits everyday and cause it was on the warmer side earlier today, I decided to pair it with my grey mules. I would otherwise wear this outfit with sneakers or some boots when it's a bit colder. As for the shades, I've kinda been obsessed with them ever since I got them. Slightly a waste now since there's only like two hours of sun every day but you can expect to see me wearing them more often when Spring comes around. Since I'm finally getting back in the groove of things, I'm hoping that I can work on a few of my travel posts and get them up soon. x 

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking the all black outfit vibe! Super awesome! I also like those glasses as well!

    Paulo Paradox | www.pauloparadox.com

    ReplyDelete