Wednesday 1 June 2016

Elevated Basics









Top- Zara// Jeans- 7 For All Mankind// Bag- Kate Spade// Shoes- Karl Lagerfeld

Hi Everyone!
 I had such a great time working on this post with my beautiful friend (check out her blog). I'm someone that loves wearing basics more than anything. I'm always reaching for a pair of jeans in my closet, trying to style them in different ways for different occasions. While most of the time I keep the look quite casual, I decided to change things up a bit and create a look that could be worn on a night out. 

High-waisted jeans are probably one of my favourite things that happened to the fashion industry. They are so flattering for so many body types. Here, I simply just paired the jeans with a plain black crop top. To make the look more dressy, I added these beautiful chunky heeled shoes. These shoes are sooo comfortable by the way! I've stated on numerous occasions how much I love flats more than heels but these are definitely an exception. I could wear them for hours without them hurting one bit. At this point, I felt like the outfit was a bit too dull and to brighten it up and make it more exciting, I added this beautiful turquoise necklace (made by my talented mother). To add another pop of colour, I also wore this lime green bucket bag. x


No comments:

Post a Comment